Monday, July 19, 2010

I did it!!

I Did It!!!
I ran my first half marathon!! I have been training, alongside Beth Allen, for 3 months for the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon. We have been pretty excited about it! Four days a week of really hard training and many miles of running! We wanted to train our hardest so that we could be ready for the big race. Beth and I have been running together for 5 years, and we have had so much fun. We have ran in some 5K's every summer, but this year we decided to step it up and compete in a Half Marathon. I'm so glad we did it!! We had so much fun training together! She is such a great partner and has taught me so much. She pushes me every single time we run! I really wish I had her drive and heart! She is so amazing!
I know I couldn't have done it without the support of my awesome family! Thanks, mom and dad, for always taking the kids during my training. I honestly couldn't have done it without you! And thanks for all of your words of encouragement and support! You are the best! And I of course wouldn't have been able to do it without Brian's love and support! He is the best husband ever. He still doesn't understand why on earth I would want to run 13 miles!! But he has shown me so much love and support! I love you honey!
Well, I finished with a time of 1 hour and 58 minutes. Not the time I was shooting for, but not too bad I suppose. I am definitely hooked now. I can't wait to do another one! Not sure if I will ever try a full Marathon, we will just have to wait and see... :)
The rest of the pictures are from the rest of our weekend in Bryce. We camped at the Bryce Canyon Pines Campground. We had a total blast! I just love my family!

























2 comments:

Carrie and Jesse said...

We are so proud of you. Good job! You are both my idols. Although I agree with Brian. You're crazy!

Tana said...

Congrats! That is awesome! Thanks for the comment. Maybe someday we can run one together! Love Ya!