Friday, November 21, 2008

Toughest Man on the Planet!!
For those of you who haven't heard, my dad was in a very bad accident on Monday.  A huge log from his truck fell on him in Escalante.  He was life flighted that night to Utah Valley.  He suffered from a pelvis fracture, right Femur fracture, right tibia and fibula fracture, and compression fracture of his L3 vertebrae.  That night they took him to surgery and put a rod in his femur and his tibia.  He has been in a lot of pain, but is gradually getting better.  He might get to come home for Thanksgiving!!  The doctors and staff are surprised at how well he is doing!!  This man is my hero! He has been through SO MUCH in his life and is still the happiest, toughest, most caring person on the planet!!  We are so lucky his life was spared (again)!!  His positive attitude, and strength will get him through this difficult time!  Love you dad!! We hope you continue to improve!  

Dax picked these gifts out for him at the gift shop.

Since my dad was on the intermediate care floor, we were able to take Daxon in with a mask.  They normally don't let kids in there.  We were lucky.  Seeing Daxon seemed to brighten Grandpa's day... So it was definitely worth it!!

10 comments:

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

WOW! I hadn't heard about the accident. I am glad your dad is alright. Pais asked me a few days ago "Mom, the man who was hit by the firework, is he okay?" We told the girls about your dad to teach them about being careful around fireworks, how interesting she would mention him months later when he really is suffering again. Hopefully he will get to come home for Thanksgiving, the gift of life with such a great dad is definitely something to celebrate.

Your hair looks AWESOME! I love it!

Blackburns said...

I'm glad to hear that your dad is getting better. Lacy told me what had happened. I hope he continues to recover quickly so he can be home with his family for Thanksgiving. We are thinking about you all.

Dave and Kelsee said...

I am so glad he is doing better. My dad called and told me about the accident and I couldn't believe it. Thank goodness he is ok. Give him our best! Hopefully he will be home soon. I love your hair by the way. It looks so cute!

Jolee said...

I had no idea! How scary! I am so glad that he is okay and is healing. What a blessing!

Lacy said...

I am glad that he is doing much better. He looks good! I bet that made him feel better by getting to see Dax. I hope all is well and If I can do anything for him while you are gone or your Mom needs to go home you let me know because I am here to help.
Love you Mandy, your Dad is a great man and will get better fast, we all hope.

Bridget and Derrik said...

Its good to hear he's doing better! That is so scary, he really is lucky to be alive... I hope he gets to come home for the holidays. Oh and I Really like your hair, it looks super cute on you:) You guys have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Natalie said...

Mandy,
My dad told me about the accident and so I had to check your blog for updates. I am so glad that you wrote about it so that I could see that he is okay. We all love your dad and hope he gets better soon. We are thinking of you guys.

The Robinson's said...

We are so glad to hear your dad is doing well! Brace was very concerned when he heard about the accident and called Dallas right away. It was a relief to learn from Dallas he was doing very well for the circumstances:)
P.S. Your hair is way fun & cute!

Cale and Cortney said...

So glad to get an up-date on your dad. He is truely one amazing man...and so genuine! Please tell him we are thinking of him and give him big hugs from us. Cale and I love you guys and are so happy that all is going so well for him.
Love the hair! It is darling on you. You are daring, I have been saying for years that I would cut mine, but never have. Kudos to you :)

Unknown said...

oh wow how scary!! i knew something had happened, but i wasn't sure what. that is terrible... i hope he recovers ASAP!