Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Baby Destri June 20, 2009

Destri Morrill
Born: June 20, 2009 at 11:09 pm
5 lb 13 oz, 18 1/2 "
Destri has sure had  a rough time so far! We had to life flight her to UVRMC in Provo because she was really struggling to breath on her own.  It was pretty hard on us sending her away, but we knew it was best for her.  Brian went up and saw her that same day and saw improvement right away!  I had to stay an extra night in the hospital, because I had some recovering to do.  After Destri was born, Dr. Brown couldn't deliver the placenta because it fell into a bunch of pieces. (Wierd)   So they had to take me to surgery and do a D&C to take out all of the placenta. (Not fun).  Destri was born 3 weeks early, but the Dr and nurses say it's a good thing she came early, because my placenta wasn't giving her what she needed.  My body started having contractions and telling us it was time for her to be here with us.  We are so blessed to have such a strong, beautiful baby girl!!  Although she is needing some help right now, I think she will be just fine and home with us in no time!! She is such a fighter!!  We love her so much.  Thank you everyone for all of your prayers and support!! We couldn't do this without you!!

I love this pic! She had just stretched her legs out to get comfy!
Mommy, Daddy and Destri
Grandma, Daddy and Destri


Beautiful girl!
Tiny feet

Her cute hair!!

20 comments:

Cale and Cortney said...

What a beautiful little angel. Congratulations! Hope you guys get to come home soon. We love you guys.

Doty Family said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations you guys and best of luck. We will keep you in our prayers. She is an angel.

teresa said...

Such a beautiful little girl. Congratulations! I hope she can come home soon. I remember her in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Theres nothing like a little girl to melt your heart.......what a preciuos little miracle she is. We love ya.....

The Robinson's said...

Congrats! She is so precious...

Crystal said...

I have been thinking about you... Utah Valley is great for our little ones!!! (if they must be in the hospital) She will be home before you know it. NICU is hard but you guys will make it. Good luck! Take care of yourself too Mandy!!!!

Talbots said...

Congratulations and good luck! Hope everything goes well.

Cole and Kimala said...

Oh she is beautiful!! I love that her hair is done!! We will be thinking and praying for you both.

Ashley said...

Mandy she is so CUTE and tiny! I hope you guys are doing good, and that you get to come home soon. ( I love her hair!)

youngkinfam said...

Congratulations-she is a doll! Sorry to hear you had some problems. We hope you guys can come home soon. Let us know if there is anything we can do!

KaTrina said...

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! Can't wait to see her. Let me know if you guys need anything at all. Take care and our prayers are with you.

Utah McMonsters said...

Mandy, she is such a doll! I cant believe that hair! I cant wait to see more pictures.

Kel said...

She is adorable! Hang in there, I started to cy when Amy told me where she was!(Flashbacks! ) They are so amazing at Utah Valley! It sound like she is doing great, girls are little fighters! Can't wait to see her! Congrats!

Brit said...

Im so sorry you are going through this. I t bring back so many memories that I didnt want to remember.. Im glad she is doing good and you guys are holding up. She is so beautiful and she will be a fighter..

Jackson's said...

She is beautiful. I love the little bows in her hair. What a fighter. We send good wishes to you and her and your boys. Congrats. We are so happy for you. One girl and one boy, it's perfect, believe me.
Nicole
The Jacksons

Jolee said...

She is so beautiful! I am so glad things are going better. Congratulations! We can't wait to see her.

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

She is sooo tiny and beautiful! Congratulations to all of you. I hope you recover quickly and have her home to love soon!

Carrie and Jesse said...

She is SO cute. You both look so happy! You've got me REALLY excited for a baby. (except for the bad part, i'm glad you're both doing better). I love that her hair is already perfect. You're such a cute mom!

Natalie said...

Those pics bring back so many memories! She looks super healthy (compared to what my girls looked like) to me and I know she will do fine! We will keep you in our prayers. She is beautiful-congrats!

j&rbastian said...

These pictures make me so sad. I am glad she is doing better