Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fishin!!

Fishin!!
Oh, how lucky we are to live minutes away from the Piute Reservoir!! We have gone a few times so far this Summer, and it has been so much fun!  The last time we went, Daxon decided it was warm enough to go for a swim.  We warned him that the ice hasn't been off the lake for very long, and it would be quite cold, but he was determined.  We really weren't prepared for swimming, so he just went in his underwear.  He didn't care!  I swear kids don't even notice cold when they are having fun.  I have to admit that it got pretty hot when the sun came out.  A little swim would have been nice, but not in that cold of water!!! No way I was gettin in there! Dax seemed to enjoy it, and we enjoyed watching him!! Good times! (oh and we caught a few good fish too!)



Daxon's first catch of the summer.
This cracks me up!! In every picture of him reeling in a fish, he is sticking his tongue out. He does this when he is doing most anything.  People say I do this too... It's all about concentration!! 


Grandpa came out to fish a little with us too.


I thought he would get in only about to his knees, but we later had to take off his shirt because he got pretty brave!! :)



I just love this kid!!

2 comments:

Jarom and Heidi Taylor said...

Hey I just saw your blog on Heather's blog. I hope it's okay that I went to it. Anyways, You and your little family are so darn cute. I can't believe how big Daxon is getting. And I'm so happy for you and Brian and going through the temple. Lots of amazing things going on.. congrats!!!! PS... you will get use to those garments I promise, well at least I keep telling myself that :) the blessings it's all about the blessings!!!! :)

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

I totally remember you and the tongue thing! I love how much he looks like you!