Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Denim Morrill

Denim Morrill
Denim finally made her appearance on August 14th, 2012.  She was almost 3 weeks early and still weighed 7lbs 14 oz, and was 19 inches long!!  I was sitting at home on my computer, the kids were playing, I had been doing housework all day, basically just hangin' out.  I literally had only been home from Lehi for 2 days.  I was getting so used to ignoring the contractions, but this time it felt a little different.  They started lasting longer and were really making my back ache.  I called my mom to see if she would drive me to the hospital.  Brian was at work and we decided to leave the kids with my Dad.    I knew the possibilities of them just sending me home were big, because I'd gone through it so many other times.  I'd had some hard consistent contractions off and on for 2 weeks, but they never really made my cervix dilate.  I figured it wouldn't hurt to go in, because I really didn't want to have this baby in the canyon.  They hooked me up for the NST when I got there and later Dr Brown came and checked me.  I had gone from a 3 1/2 to a 5.  He was a bit hesitant because I was still rather early, but decided it was finally time to go through with this.  It wasn't long after that I got my epidural and then they broke my water.  I had such a fun staff working with me that made it such a wonderful experience.         Brian was actually able to finish his day of work and meet us at the hospital.  Sherry (my mother-in-law) later showed up. :)  My wonderful new sister-in-law (Bobbie) offered to take my kids so my Dad could drive down for the delivery.  He made it an hour before she was born.  I arrived at Sevier Valley Medical Center at around 3:00 and delivered Denim at 10:15.  It was such a smooth delivery and Denim came out SCREAMING.  Brian was so nervous the whole time.  After we had to life flight Destri 3 years ago, he was a bit nervous, especially since Denim was early as well.  She was so, so healthy and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!  We were so excited about this new little addition to our family. 
 Waiting for the big moment!
 Epidurals are WONDERFUL!

 Checkin' out our beautiful little Denim



1 comment:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! Little Denim is beautiful! So happy you are both doing well! Miss you and post lots of pics!!!!;)
xo