Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Piute County Fair (and 2 weeks of labor)

Piute County Fair
It was another fun year at the fair!!  My Mom pulled it off again.  She always works so hard and does such a great job, along with the rest of her crew.  All of these pictures are from the Friday night rodeo.  We had a wonderful time watching the rodeo, visiting with friends, eating burgers, laughing, and enjoying the whole atmosphere.  
That night, after the rodeo, we decided to call it a night at around 10:30.  Brian wanted to get up and run the Brayden Blackwell 5K the next morning at 7:00, so we decided to get some sleep.  And I, being quite pregnant, did not argue.  Sleep  was something I cherished at the moment.  It was around 11:00 when I started having some pretty good contractions.  We timed them for about an hour and they were around 2-3 minutes apart and were getting pretty strong.  We decided we should probably head to the hospital in Richfield.  Being only 35 weeks, I thought Dr Brown could give me something to stop the contractions and we could just come back home. ...
Once we got to the hospital, they started an NST (measured the contractions and watched the baby's heart rate)  A few hours later, Dr Brown came to check me.  I was only dilated to a 1, but he could feel I was soft.  They weren't able to get my contractions to stop with Nifedopine, so it worried him enough to send me to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center by ambulance.  I immediately started crying.  Brian and I were both so worried, mostly because the memories of shipping Destri to Utah Valley by life flight when she was born began to take over.  We just wanted this baby, and me to be ok.  
Brian followed us up to Utah Valley in his truck and I arranged for my Mom to take care of our kids.  It was a very long, long night.  We made it to the hospital at around 6:00 am.  We made ourselves comfortable, because they told us we would be there for at least 48 hours to try stopping the contractions and give me the 2 doses of steroids needed for Denim's lung development.  Long story short, they were able to stop the contractions and discharge me.  They wanted me to stay somewhere close to their hospital til I reached 37 weeks, so luckily Matt and Amy let me stay at their house in Lehi for 2 weeks.  Reason: if I were to go into labor down home, they would just turn around and ship me to Utah Valley.  
It definitely was a long 2 weeks!!  Matt and Amy were so wonderful though!  They took great care of me and I was very comfortable.  Another good thing was that I was able to watch most of the Olympics! :). Another reason it was a very long 2 weeks was that I didn't really stop contracting the entire time!  It was so so miserable.  I was in and out of the hospital several times.  Brian, my mom, and the kids were able to come and visit a couple of times, which made me super happy!  I was finally able to head home at the 37 week mark! Happy day!
Oh, and another sad part... We didn't get to enjoy the best part of the fair!,, :(

















No comments: