Monday, September 29, 2008

Dax LOVES to read!!
Since I have been home, and not working because I'm still healing from the surgery, I have been doing a lot of reading with Daxon.  It has been so much fun!! He loves it when I read to him, and this has been a perfect opportunity to do LOTS of it.  I can't play baseball, run, or pick him up, so we have been spending a lot of time reading.  We have been working on sounding out letters.  He is so amazing at how quick he catches on.  He can sound out and read most three letter words already.  There are a few longer words he can read as well.  He is really good at sounding them out.  He was really amazing Brian, my mom and I at how well he was doing!  He is so smart!  And he loves to learn!  We are so proud of you Dax!!





5 comments:

Brianne Jensen said...

Shoot... before we know it.. he'll be winning a tv for 100% attendance in preschool, then elementary, etc. etc. Takes after his mom with those brains!

Doty Family said...

Smart little guy. Hope your feeling better!

Josh and Alison said...

Hey I tried to email you, but it wouldn't send... Sometimes me & computers don't mix! So are you doing okay? I hope so. It's so scary to have that happen. But I also am happy for you, your little family is so cute, and you look HAPPY! Always having some sort of fun. Really makes me miss the good old days with you and Brianne! But Congrats, it's fun to see you and your fam. We'll be WATCHING YOU!!!-Aly

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

Ha ha ha! I was just telling Bryce about your tv prize the other day when Brylin missed school to go camping. No tv for her! You should have Daxon try www.starfall.com. If he is already started reading it will really help him with his phonics and before you know it he'll be reading books to you! Such a cute kid! Hope you are feeling better soon and enjoying a break...even if it takes surgery to get you to to relax!

The Robinson's said...

It was great to hear from you, I am glad you found us-Don't you love how many people you can network with blogging:) Your little Boy is so darling! Looks like Piute is treating you guys great...We love it over there, maybe someday we can join you!