Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!!!
This last Saturday we went on top of the Beaver Mountain to get a Christmas tree with Jessica and TJ.  We had SO MUCH FUN!!  There was quite a bit of snow up there and it was such a nice day.  We actually got kinda hot after hiking around for a while.  TJ, Jess, Dax and I stopped and made a snowman, while Brian hiked around for the perfect tree.  We finally decided to go find him and help him.  He found a pretty good one, and all of us decided it would be acceptable, but then TJ found the PERFECT tree!!  We all decided it was a better choice, even Brian. :)  We went back to our house, even though we all thought it would be fun to stay up on the mountain!  It was so beautiful and peaceful up there.  Dax had a BLAST!  The boys put the tree in so that Jess, Dax and I could decorate it.  TJ and Brian played guitar hero while we decorated the tree.  We had such a great time with our friends!  Thanks Jess and TJ for the great weekend!!




Dax took this pic!  It was kinda bright!!
This tree was more our size.  Perfect for Dax!
What a Beauty!!
Dax!! Don't eat the yellow snow!
TJ and Brian
Me and Jess

The front of our house
The back
My mom and dad have got us beat.


Before
After!! I just love our tree!!
Dax got ahold of the camera..  He is too funny!
There were many more he took, these are just some of the funny ones.
He took some of Bri and TJ playin the Wii

6 comments:

Lacy said...

what a beatiful tree. Did your dad get home and how is he doing?

Cally said...

Your tree is so pretty. Dax makes me laugh. He looks like Dallas did as a kid. His smile totally reminds me of Dallas. It's so weird to me that we're now related to the same people (Cody & Beth). Like you couldn't have figured that out. Okay, it's midnight and I'm not thinking right. Fun to catch up with you on your blog. How is your dad? Hopefully he's home and feeling better.

Cally said...

Sorry I forgot to tell you about my camera. It is AWESOME! It is a Nikon D40x and I love it! I LOVE to take pictures though. But, it does a great job.

Cole and Kimala said...

Beautiful tree. I love getting Christmas trees. I can't have an artificial tree because I love the adventure of cutting our own. We always have a good time, and usually something funny happens, like me sliding down the mountian and having a brused butt for two weeks after!! Good times!

The Robinson's said...

Your Christmas Tree gives me hope for "real" trees. This year we decided to get a real one and it was quite the task to find even a decent one, but yours looks great! Guess we need to find out where you guys went? Next time we are over there we will have to stop and say "hi"! Hope you guys are having a great Christmas season:)

Channa said...

Hey Mandy! I'm glad you got the invite. It'll be fun to keep in better touch this way. I love seeing all your pictures from Beaver mountain. That was always a tradition in my family. We cut down a tree every year, the day after Thanksgiving. It's sad because I'm too far away now... Your tree is beautiful and your Christmas lights look awesome. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas. :)