Monday, August 8, 2011

Butch Cassidy Days

The Hoedown!
The Hoedown is becoming quite a popular fair event here in Piute County. This year Charley Jenkins came to perform. He always does a great job and really gets the crowd going. They also serve babyback rib dinner at the hoedown, and I must say it is AWESOME. "Rick's Famous BBQ Ribs" Yep, my good 'ol dad cooked enough ribs to feed 400 people. It was SOOO good! He is so amazing. Everyone loved the food, entertainment and dancing. It was such a fun night!
Savanah and Malarie with Charley
Hunter and Dax with Charley

Little Buckaroo Rodeo
The kids had fun at the Little Buckaroo this year. Destri was big enough to compete this year. Her favorite part was chasing, and almost catching, the chicken. Daxon's favorite part this year was riding the sheep (of course). He was all geared up to make an 8 second ride. He was really close to making it the full 8 seconds. He did a great job! Brian told me that he was cracking up at him and Trey Barnson behind the buckin' shutes, because Dax leaned over to Trey and said, very seriously, "Trey, ride it like ya mean it!!" So cute! He was a little upset that he outgrew his old chaps and I didn't get him any new ones before the fair, though. I guess I know what to get him for his birthday or Christmas this year! :)





Givin' Marty a high 5!





She almost had that darn chicken!!

Friday Night Rodeo

Grandpa Bill with Daxon and Jeremiah
Just a couple of good shots I captured of Jade Dalton. He won the saddle bronc this night.




1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hi Mandy,
Thanks for putting pictures of Jade on here. That was so fun for me to see since I couldn't be there this year! You take such great pictures. Hope you are doing well.
Natalie